With the Bachelor's degree programme in Business Information Systems in Paderborn, you will lay the foundation for a successful lifelong career in the digital society. In the Master's degree programme in Business Information Systems, you will develop the latest IT to realise strategic competitive advantages. On the Master's degree programme in Management Information Systems, you will shape the digital transformation of our economy and society with a focus on economics.
Business Information Systems courses are an important (elective) component of the Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes offered by the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics. Students can not only choose individual courses here, but often also specialise in the field of business informatics.
- They are on excellent degree programmes that have been awarded top positions for years (e.g. in the CHE ranking).
- With five chairs and three honorary professorships, we offer a particularly diverse study programme in business informatics in which you can set your own specialisations. You will learn all the content from experts in the field.
- By being embedded in two large Faculties (Business Administration and Economics and Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and Mathematics), you will build your degree programme on a strong foundation and learn the intermediary role between business administration and IT particularly well.
- Business Informatics in Paderborn is very strong in research and publications. This means you will always have your finger on the pulse of the times and can work on cutting-edge research topics in your thesis or as a student assistant.
- Paderborn is a well-known IT centre. Thanks to numerous company co-operations, we enable scientifically supported internships and final theses in companies. Regular guest lectures, excursions, project seminars, fireside chats with managers and workshops ensure that our degree programmes are highly application-oriented.
- By working in our laboratories (Social Data Laboratory, Enterprise Resource Planning Laboratory, Business and Economic Research Laboratory) and in project seminars, you will familiarise yourself with the latest technologies (e.g. augmented/virtual reality, blockchain) and methods (e.g. design thinking, machine learning/AI) and put them to good use.
- You will strengthen your soft skills in group work and continue your education with certificates (e.g. SAP TERP-10, ITIL, CAPM).
- We maintain individual contact with our students through mentoring programmes, social events and close cooperation with the Business Informatics student council. Our best students also benefit from an excellence programme that prepares them for a career in top management or academia.
- Spend a semester abroad at one of our more than 100 partner universities worldwide. Our exchange and double Master's programmes with Asian partner universities are a particular focus.
- With TecUp, garage 33 and the TechnologiefondsOWL, we offer an excellent environment for setting up your company.
- Paderborn is a very attractive student city where you can enjoy your student days to the full.
As a business informatics specialist, a wide range of professional careers are open to you after graduation. Below you will find some typical job profiles for business IT specialists, for which we recommend that you attend certain profile-specific courses so that you can make targeted use of your options during your studies:
In the Master's programmes in Business Information Systems and Management Information Systems, we offer a choice of three cross-departmental specialisations. Students can choose one (1) of the three specialisations and then complete 30 ECTS plus the Master's thesis in order to receive a corresponding certificate and have it entered on their transcript of records.
The specialisations are
- Data Science & Decision Making
- Digital Markets & Communities
- Service & Process Innovation