The entry requirements for the master's program International Economics and Management (M. Sc.) can be divided into the categories "formal requirements" and "content requirements".
The formal entrance requirement is
- a successfully completed Bachelor's degree in the field of economics from the University of Paderborn
- a successfully completed Bachelor's degree in the field of economics or an equivalent/comparable degree in a research oriented study program.
This study program has to be
- completed with a minimum GPA of 2.5 (or with GPA from 2.5 -3.0, depending on the course of studies in the bachelor program), or
- the applicant must belong to the best 35% of the graduates of their bachelor's year group. This refers to all examinations within the semester of your graduation and the previous semester or alternatively to the two semesters previous to the semester of your graduation.
From winter term 2015, the master’s program opened its study opportunity with credit compensation for students who do not satisfy eaither of criteria above.
These students are asked to obtain additional 5 / 10 ETCS (varies upon their final grades) in the field of economics or quantitative methods as a compensation. This compensation can also be altered by the submission of a thesis of the previous degree in the fields of economics / quantitative methods. For international students, the possibility of compensation is automatically checked in the application process. For more precise information, please read this document.
The students of the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics at the University of Paderborn can also compensate by the following modules offered by the economic department:
- Mathematik für Wirtschaftswissenschaftler I + II
- all modules starting with ‘M.184.14__’, ‘M.184.24__’ and ‘M.184.34__’
- as well as some further modules
For more information about the compensation of students at the University of Paderborn, please visit the webpage of program coordinator.