The Bachelor's degree in Information Systems at Paderborn University will provide you with a foundation for a lifelong successful career in the digital society. In the Master's programme in Information Systems you will develop Internet Technology to the benefit of strategic competitive advantages. In the master's programme Management Information Systems you will be a part of the digital transformation of our economy and society with a focus on economic science.
For the Bachelor's and Master's programmes offered by the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, the courses in Information Systems represent an important (eligible) component. Next to choosing individual courses students can allocate their major field of study to Information Systems.
Studying Information Systems in Paderborn offers many advantages:
- You will be enrolled in excellent fields of study that have been holding top ranking positions for many years (e.g. in the CHE ranking).
- With five research groups and three honorary professorships we offer a particularly diverse study program in Information Systems, in which you can set your individual priorities. You can enjoy the advantage of learning from experts in this scientific field.
- Through the connection of two large faculties (Economics and Computer Science, Electrical Engineering & Mathematics), your will obtain a solid scientific foundation and intensely learn and experience the intermediary role between business administration and IT.
- Information Systems in Paderborn is known for its successful research and publication history. Therefore, you will be able to work on highly up-to-date research topics as a student assistant.
- Paderborn is a well-known IT location. Many sustainable company cooperations offer the possibility to undertake scientifically supervised internships and write dissertations in a company environment. Regular guest lectures, excursions, project seminars, “fireside evenings” with executives (meetings for professional exchange) and workshops ensure a distinct practical orientation in our courses.
- By working in our laboratories (SocialData Laboratory, Enterprise Resource Planning Laboratory, Business and Economic Research Laboratory) and in project seminars, you can work with the latest technologies (e.g. Augmented/Virtual Reality, Blockchain) and methods (e.g. Design Thinking, Machine Learning/KI) during your studies and learn their beneficial use.
- In working teams, you will strengthen your soft skills and have the possibility to obtain certificates (e.g. SAP TERP-10, ITIL, CAPM).
- We entertain an individual contact with our students through our mentoring programmes, social events and close cooperation with the Student Council for Information Systems. Additionally, our best students benefit from an excellence programme to prepare them for the challenges of a career in top management or science and research.
- Enjoy a semester abroad at one of more than 100 partner universities worldwide or sign up for our exchange and double master programmes with Asian partner universities and benefit from this great opportunity for an international education.
- With TecUp, garage 33 and the Technologiefonds OWL (technology fund), we offer an excellent and outstanding environment for your own business start-up.
- Paderborn is a very attractive student town where you can fully enjoy your time as a Information Systems student.