Information about the allocation procedure and application for thesises
The professorship for International Business gives students the opportunity to write a bachelor’s/master’s thesis. Thereby, the following points should be taken into consideration:
1) In general, every master's thesis that is written in corporation with the chair should contain a clear empirical character (no purely literature reviews!). On the contrary, bachelor's theses comprise a systematic literature review with a qualitative (classical literature review) and a quantitative part (e.g. frequency analysis on used theories, journals, authors etc.). Bachelor theses can also be designed empirically, e.g. in form of a meta-analysis which summarises the literature statistically. At the same time, research questions should provide an added value for practioners.
Theses involving partners (e.g. companies) are generally possible provided that the two criteria are fulfilled.
2) Before the registration of a bachelor’s/master’s thesis, at least one first interview is necessary. This first interview is not only about the motivation of the student but also about die question of concern which topics can be dealt with. Preferred topics are in line with the areas of research of the chair. A decision will be taken only after this interview.
3) The application for bachelor’s/master’s theses should be submitted during the scheduled registration phase through the central allocation procedure by the Studienbüro. Please find the information about the procedure and the deadline on the pages of the Studienbüro.
4) You are obliged to participate regularly in the research colloquia. Within these colloquia you make a presentation once at the beginning and once again at the end of you bachelor’s/master’s thesis.
5) You can find our template for thesises and seminar papers here.
Contact persons for thesises
Central contact person for theses
Social Entrepreneurship & Developing Economics
Economics of Innovation, Hackathons, Venture Capital
Entrepreneurship (from an Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management perspective, e.g., HR in Scale-Ups, Entrepreneurial Team Dynamics), Talent Management
Strategy & Corporate Entrepreneurship
|Frederic Starmann|| |
Corporate Entrepreneurship, Intrapreneurship
|Vanessa Naumann||Entrepreneurial Passion|
|Tobias Rebert||Academic Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurial University|
Separate information regarding bachelor theses at the Chair of International Business
Further information regarding the implementation of a bachelor's thesis at our Chair please take from the following handout [German].
External online statistic courses
The goals of our chair are not only the imparting of course content but also the improvement of methodological competence of the students in order to enable them to do their own analyses and to evaluate emirical scientific papers properly.
We particularly recommend the software packets SPSS, R and Stata. You can find further information of those programs under the following links: