Studying at the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics may in some respects vary from your home university. Please carefully read the information below.
The following applies to Faculty modules:
- the credit value is generally either 5 or 10 ECTS
- a module may consist of several constituent parts, all of which have to be studied as part of the module
- a module (and its credit points) only counts as successfully completed if all individual module parts were successfully achieved
Very important! For modules of the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics the following applies:
- examinations cannot be retaken
- with a few exceptions, modules are offered only once in each study year (i.e. either in the Winter or Summer semester).
The latter point is particularly important when you plan the module composition of your study programme. If you fail a module you have to retake it in its entirety (all of its parts), which is usually not possible in the same academic year.
When selecting your modules you are therefore strongly advised to take enough modules so as to avoid making your study progression contingent on successful completion of any one particular module. This is all the more important if your student bursary requires successful completion of studies, or if you want to change study cycle s (i.e. progress) at the end of your current study period.